Tuesday, September 2, 2008

To be or Not to be Pimped by Fashion?


Recently, Italian designer/Creative Director of Yves Saint Laurent, Stefano Pilati commented on why Black models have less success within the fashion industry: BEFORE -“To me, it is a matter of proportions and the bodies I choose. My fit model was a black model. When I wanted to translate what I put on her, it was a disaster. It would need 13 times more work in the atelier to modify it to put on a more Caucasian anatomy. Sometimes, it’s not your choice. You can’t find “black models” that are beautiful and with the right proportions. I prefer them with lean proportions with no big hips."
NOW - Stefano glorifies Naomi in the August issue of i-D Magazine as the perfect body and muse for YSL's autumn ad campaign ... perfect example of desperate times, call for desperate measures, huh, Mr. Pilati?

Needless to say, Naomi I hope you're milking his ass because they're definitely going to profit off you babes, especially with these images ... she's 38 and still killing the game!

0 comments: