Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm in love with a lifestyle I can't afford ...

True Love and False Idol is boutique-minded designer streetwear with an aesthetic rooted in LA culture, punk and Hip Hop. Check out the designers Q&A Bio below, then hit up the site for more fly selections of their apparel, here.

Alex Vaz, a 'Hardcore Edge' kid from the O.C.

I’m an ex-graffiti writer from Venice.

This line is built on who we are and what we’ve been through, good and bad. He got here in a straight line, he went to school for fashion design, spent his time grinding it out working for hard-ass garmentos during the day, and taking his aggressions out at shows at night.

I took the longer route. I dropped out of high school, wrote graff, got back into school, got my ass into UCLA Film, started to apprentice as a tattooer, and then ended up designing clothes.

We met at Howe Denim a few years ago. I was Art Director and he was brought on as a Junior Designer. This was not the first time we crossed paths, the times before were under less auspicious circumstances. When he was brought on at Howe, I think we both decided to let what had transpired between us in the past go, so we could focus on work. I know I did. We both left Howe and I freelanced for about a year while he took another industry job. We met our third partner in 05, and hit the ground running, launched at the Pool Trade Show August of that year and it’s been non-stop ever since.






0 comments: