Friday, October 17, 2008

FUCT X Champion pays homage to the Symbionese Liberation Army




The Symbionese Liberation Army(S.L.A.) was an American self-styled urban guerrilla warfare group active between 1973 and 1975. The group committed bank robberies, two murders and other acts of violence over the period of its activity.

Although the S.L.A. considered themselves leaders of the Black revolution, Donald "DeFreeze" was its only Black member. His seven-headed S.L.A. Cobra symbol was based on the seven principles of Kwanzaa, with each head representing a principle. They are: Umoja (Unity), Kujichagulia (self-determination), Ujima (collective work and responsibility), Ujamaa (cooperative economics), Nia (purpose), Kuumba (creativity) and Imani (faith).

Champion and FUCT clothing have teamed up to pay homage to S.L.A by creating the "Symbionese" crewneck. I don't know about this, because I personally think they are only doing this for financial gains, not to be REVOLUTIONARIES!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fact that I know the history behind it soon as I saw it... I wanted the sweater. However, I think FUCT actually stands behind their products. They aren't a HUGE company like STUSSY and SUPREME so I can believe their love for pushing issues that matter and that have happen.

Chairmen Of The Board said...

I might have been wrong arcieri Keness, I will have to do a little more research on FUCT. I just think a lot brands try to capitalize on issues that they might not really believe IN because it sells....